ACCESSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE PLAN: PROVIDING GOODS AND SERVICES TO PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
- Eastside Chevrolet is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
- Eastside Chevrolet will ensure that employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Eastside Chevrolet will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at the store and on the website.
- Eastside Chevrolet will provide training to employees who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf.
- This training will be provided to existing and new employees as part of their on-boarding within the first three months of employment.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Eastside Chevrolet?s plan related to the customer service standard, including providing accessible policy and claim documents upon request.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities. How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person. What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Eastside Chevrolet?s goods and services.
- Employees will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Eastside Chevrolet provides goods and services to people with disabilities can contact our Complaints Officer via telephone, email or regular mail, by following the Complaints Procedure outlined on our website, or by using the ?Contact Us? form available on our website.
All feedback, including complaints, will be responded to within 72 hours, as per Eastside Chevrolet?s Complaints Procedure.
Modifications to this or other policies
All Eastside Chevrolet policies will respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. If any Eastside Chevrolet policy fails to maintain this respect and dignity, it will be modified or removed.