About the Chevrolet Volt
- World’s first mass-produced electric vehicle with extended range, providing a total range of up to 580 kilometres
- Revolutionary Voltec propulsion system delivers between 40 and 80 kilometres of electric driving (depending on terrain, driving techniques and temperature) with a long-life, 16-kWh lithium-ion battery and 111-kW (149-hp) electric drive unit; and up to 500 kilometres of extended range with an onboard 1.4L engine
- Eight-year/160,000 km warranty on lithium-ion battery pack
- Vehicle dynamics, upscale materials, refinement and spirited performance of a premium sports sedan in an ultra-efficient package
- Extensive use of high-strength steel and full suite of vehicle safety technologies provide occupant protection before, during and after a crash
- Easy-to-use technologies such as configurable displays, OnStar Mylink Mobile App for Chevrolet, and MyVolt.com web portal enhance owner experience
- Five years of OnStar Directions and Connections service, including Automatic Crash Response, stolen vehicle assistance and connected navigation
The Chevrolet Volt is not a hybrid. It is a one-of-a-kind, all-electrically driven vehicle designed and engineered to operate in all climates, with a range of up to 580 kilometres. Powered by GM’s revolutionary Voltec propulsion system, it consists of a 16-kWh lithium-ion battery pack and electric drive unit that provide pure electric range between 40 and 80 kilometres, depending on terrain, driving techniques and temperature. A 1.4L gasoline-powered engine extends the range up to an additional 500 kilometres on a full tank of fuel by operating the vehicle’s electric drive system until the car can be plugged in and recharged or refueled. This distinguishes the Volt from electric-only vehicles, which cannot be operated when recharging is not immediately available – such as during a power interruption or on a long-distance trip.
“The Chevrolet Volt makes the electric driving experience as productive, efficient, intuitive, safe and fun as any premium vehicle its size in the market today,” said Marc Comeau, vice-president of sales, service, and marketing.
Every major element of the Volt was designed and analyzed for efficiency, including its highly aerodynamic exterior, lightweight wheels, specially designed tires, energy-saving premium stereo system, and more. This attention to detail makes the Volt one of the most aerodynamic and energy-efficient vehicles in the market.